Friday, October 27, 2006

CA-50: Remember That Other Close Race?

I know I've been talking a whole lot about Tan-gate recently...
Well, this has been THE BIGGEST STORY in Orange County for the last week and a half!
Also, this has affected the race in my SD 34, one of the closest races in Southern California.

But now, I must talk about that OTHER close race in Southern California:
CA-50- Busby v. Bilbray

Yes, that one! The one that had both parties spend millions on negative ads. The one that involved unsafe Diebold machines that were allowed to be in private homes for "sleepovers".
The one that probably changed the entire course of my life.

Unfortunately, Bilbray won (fairly?) in June...
And what's even more unfortunate is that he's been just as bad for the 50th District as his predecessor, Randy "Duke" Cunningham. (I'll have more on that soon)...
However, we must remember that...

Yes, there is still a hot race there... SurveyUSA confirmed that.
Busby is once again within the margin of error, and I know that if we encourage folks to vote this time instead of turn them off with stupid negative ads, we can win.

If you live in the San Diego area, please volunteer for Francine Busby. If you don't, give money or volunteer some other way. Go to the website to find out more.

You can see their new TV ad here.

No comments: