Wednesday, January 31, 2007

No One Calls My Congresswoman "A Whore"

OMG, look what's on Politico:

Rep. Loretta Sanchez has quit the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, accusing the chairman, Rep. Joe Baca, of telling people she's a "whore."

Baca denied the charge.

In an interview with The Politico Wednesday, Sanchez, a California Democrat as is Baca, also cited concerns about whether Baca was properly elected Hispanic Caucus chairman in November and about his general attitude toward female lawmakers. The caucus represents 21 Hispanic Democrats in Congress.

"I'm not going to be a part of the CHC as long as Mr. Baca illegally holds the chair … I told them no. There's a big rift here," Sanchez said. "You treat the women like shit. I have no use for him."


This is just disgusting! How can someone say something so gawd-awful and offensive to a co-worker? Oh, and why is this sexist attitude still allowed in Congress??!!

I'm sorry, but calling someone a whore isn’t something that shouldn’t be taken lightly. Saying something like that to a colleague is just downright offensive! If Baca really did say that to my Congresswoman, then he’d better APOLOGIZE AHORA…
And start treating women with more respect!!

If someone called me a “whore”, then I’d sure as hell quit his organization. How sad that this may further exacerbate the divisions among Congressional Latinos.

: (

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a good guy, man. I love ya.