- Do you want war with Iran?
- Do you want the continuation of the desecration of our Constitution?
- Do you want to face an even more perilous disaster as global warming continues to be ignored?
- Do you want a continuation of trade policies only make the rich richer and the poor poorer?
- Do you want even more religious right wingnuttery?
This will all happen if we allow another GOPer to get in the White House in 2008!
Now when I was discussing this on Daily Kos, someone responded to me with this remark:
If the D's don't do that then you can expect their stay in power will be abbreviated as the R's recover and run a slate of candidates promising full restoration of congressional oversight in 2008.
Sorry, but that ain't gonna happen...
No, the Rs recover and run on a platform of "healing and national unity" in 2008 after the House neglects all other issues and spends all its time on impeaching Bush, only to be rebuked by the Senate as the upper house fails to convict...
Remember that 67 votes are needed to convict in the Senate...
And if you expect (at least) 16 GOPers to cross party lines and vote to convict Bush, you're giving them way too much credit!
Next year, we need to prove that we can govern. Next year, we need to get to work coming up with solutions to America's problems today. If we work hard over the next year focusing on solutions, and Bush only proves to be another problematic pain in the ass by blocking all our good policy proposals, the Republicans lose in 2008- plain and simple!
Now, come on! Let's remember that the American people did not elect Democrats to Congress because they want revenge...
They elected Democrats because they actually want the Congress to work on the important issues that are facing America today!
They chose Democrats because they want:
1. A sensible strategy to get out of Iraq
2. An end to the GOP culture of corruption
3. An end to government "of the rich, by the rich, and for the rich"
4. Real solutions to the real growing crisis that is global warming
5. An end to the divisive pandering to the religious right wingnuts, while ignoring all the above issues...
Of course, I'm sure we can list even more important issues here, but my point is that Americans want to see their people's House (and Senate) get to work. Why don't we do that, and see if Bush is so idiotic that he'll put his own petty whims above the best interest of the country, and his own party...
Now let's let our Dems get to work in 2007...
It's what's best for our country, and for our party!