Friday, December 29, 2006

Saddam's Dead Now

OK, I told you that I'd be back to the hard news soon...
And here ya go:

Saddam Hussein has just been executed. Or, at least, this is what the BBC is saying. Apparently, local Iraqi media is now reporting that he's dead...

But don't expect this to save Iraq. Just as the elections did nothing, and the capture of Saddam did nothing, this will ultimately do nothing to transform Iraq into some legacy-saving "success" for Dubya...

Just wait until the the Sunni militias exact "revenge" for this...
And the Shiite militias strike back...
And the old cycle of violence goes on...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Saddam and his bloody ways. Good riddance to that horrid, genocidal murderer. Still, I can't see how this will somehow help Bush win his war.

No comments: