Monday, May 14, 2007

Mr. Republican Insider Does Us a Favor

And if you're interested in reading some fine examples of Environmental Left blogging against the 241 in which the level of exaggeration, misinformation and confabulation is matched only by the certitude with which they are asserted, then visit anyone one of young Andrew Davey's posts on his blog or lefty-blog Calitics. But he tries.


At first I saw Mr. Republican Insider's latest diatribe against me and against this community, and I was pretty peeved. These folks at Red County/OC Blog can't even offer up their own facts and engage in honest debate. I had once considered these folks to be rational individuals, and I used to like going there (believe it or not). Well, I guess I was wrong about that.

But then, I started thinking about this. I soon realized that Jubal/Matt Cunningham was actually doing us a favor. Follow me down below for more as I explain why we should be thanking Mr. Republican Insider for this...

(Cross-posted at Calitics)

It dawned on me last night... These folks really do reveal the emptiness of today's "conservative" movement when they have nothing left but personal attacks and payola as policy. They don't have any new ideas on how to govern. They don't have any facts to back up their "vision" of what they want to see in government. They just seem to have lost their way. Now that I think of it, I'm starting to experience sorrow for people like Matt/Jubal. They must feel awfully terrible to be stuck in a "movement" that doesn't know what it really stands for.

Matt/Jubal might be hurling attacks at me and at the site, but I know that's not really what this is about. Now that I think of it, it's about far more than just a toll road to Trestles or a failed war in the Middle East. It's about the emptiness of today's "conservatism". They used to believe that government should stay out of people's private lives. Now, they want to examine EVERYTHING we do in our homes and in our bedrooms. They used to believe in fiscal responsibility. Now, they don't mind complete fiscal insanity. Is this what "conservatism" has become?

Maybe this is why even the traditional "Roosevelt Republicans", "Eisenhower Republicans", and "Goldwater Republicans" are leaving this party. Today's Republicans just don't stand for what people used to call "conservative". The GOP truly has lost its way.

But in the meantime, look at what's happened here. Look at all the activism happening here. Look at all the intelligent policy discussions that we have all the time. We progressives seem to have no problem coming up with great ideas, sound policy, and factual arguments to back them up. And yes, people are actually excited about what we have to say and about what we want to do.

I guess that's why I should be thanking Mr. Republican Insider. He can call me whatever names he wants. I don't care. I just like the fact that he's only proving the point that today's progressives are the ones with the sound policy and grassroots energy. : )

No comments: