Friday, July 13, 2007

Open House at Solorio's Place Tomorrow

In case you haven't noticed, there's a new kid on the block over at The Liberal OC. Yes, believe it or not, I'm there and I'm there to stay. You may have bumped into me before at some other California blog (where I'll still occasionally post stuff), but now I'll also be there to chat with you about what's happening in Orange County.

And now that I've said that, here's something happening in my little corner of OC that I'm pretty excited about. My Assembly Member, Jose Solorio (D-Santa Ana), will be hosting an open house at his district office. He'd like to talk to us locals about what he's doing for us in Sacramento. Oh yes, and here's a good chance for us to ask him about all that legislation he's working on.

Ah, there's so much to talk about! What's happening with health care? What's being done about our gang violence problem in Central OC? What's being done to ensure that OC gets its fair share in parks funds? I know I'm looking forward to talking with Assm. Solorio about what's happening, and if you live in the 69th Assembly District, I hope you can join me for this chance to chat with our local legislator.

Come on and follow me down below for all the details on tomorrow's open house...

(Cross-posted at The Liberal OC)

The Open House is at Jose Solorio's district office, on Saturday, July 14, from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Solorio's office is located at 2400 E. Katella Ave., Suite 640, in Anaheim, just west of the Katella exit off the 57 Freeway. Here's a Google Map of where to go. To RSVP, call his office at (714) 939-8469.

Get it? Got it? Good! Oh, and one more thing: I plan to liveblog from the open house. If you can't make it to the open house, but still want to ask Assm. Solorio a question, please let me know tomorrow morning when I post the open house thread at The Liberal OC. I'll make sure to ask him for you.

So what questions do you have for Jose Solorio? I'm still thinking about mine. Well, at least we'll actually have a chance tomorrow to finally tell our local representative how he should represent us. This really should be happening more often.

No comments: